Friday, November 30, 2012

Weekly Recap

This week I started running again.  I went to the YMCA with my Mom on Sunday, jumped on the treadmill, and listened to the music on my iPod Nano.  The plan was to do 2 miles on the treadmill.  Since I haven't run since June I had expected to feel some discomfort and have to walk some of the 2 miles.  Well I was in for a surprise.  I felt great, had no discomfort in my legs at all, and I jogged the whole 2 miles.  The time seemed to fly by while I jogged and watched people swimming in the pool.  Where the treadmills are set up was facing a window that overlooked the pool.

On Monday my Mom and I headed back to the YMCA and I decided to try out their Zumba class that evening.  These types of classes always remind me how uncoordinated I am but I had a lot of fun.  It was a big class, about 30 people.  It is definitely a work out, I was sweating, but you have so much fun doing it you don't realize you are actually working out.

After the run on Sunday and the Zumba on Monday my legs were stiff and a bit sore while walking around at work.  By the time I woke up on Tuesday my legs seemed to be back to normal.

Tuesday I didn't make it to the YMCA as my daughter had a Sparks meeting.  She officially became a Spark and it was the cutest thing ever!

Wednesday my Mom said her foot was bothering her so she wouldn't be able to make it to the YMCA with me that night so I waited until my hubby got home from work and headed off by myself.  I did another 2 miles on the treadmill while watching do Aqua Zumba and listened to my iPod Nano.  Aqua Zumba might be something I look at trying out once I get the courage to get a bathing suit.  I haven't worn a bathing suit since 2005 when we went to Disneyland and not feeling comforable while wearing the bathing suit.  The run on the treadmill felt great and this time no stiffness the day after.

Thursday was another day I didn't make it to the YMCA.  My daughter had a Demonstration of Learning at school.  A Demostration of Learning is where your child shows you what they have been doing and learning at school.  They show you around their classroom and such.  She was so excited about showing us around. =)

I decided last week to sign up for the Santa Shuffle that is happening this Saturday.  When I looked at the weather forcast the weather didn't seem like it would be that bad.  It is for a good cause, the Salvation Army, and it will help feed families over the holidays.  It didn't hurt that they are also giving out a medal to everyone that finishes.  It will be the first medal I will receive for a race.  Unfortunately the weather has taken a turn for the worse and it looks like I will be freezing my bootie off on Saturday.  As it stands right now with the wind chill they are projecting -23C (-5.8F).  Yikes it is going to be cold!  Going to have to bundle up.

Tonight I am thinking of going to the YMCA to do another 2 miles.  I will be going by myself as my Mom has plans but I want to stay somewhat consistant with my running.

Plans for the upcoming week are:
Saturday - 5k Santa Shuffle race
Sunday - 2 miles and possibly a Yoga class
Monday - Zumba
Tuesday - Rest Day
Wednesday - 3 miles
Thursday - 2 miles
Friday - 3 miles

I am considering doing the Resolution Run (5k) on January 1st and the Hypothermic Half Marathon on February 24th.  The problem is after Saturday, Dec 1st the price goes up and as it is the 2 races will cost me $115.  How to convince the hubby this is a good idea. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment