Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Crawling Back Onto the Wagon!

I fell off the weight loss/running wagon big time.  I haven't run since I ran the 10k race with my Dad back in June.  I haven't watched what I eat since before that.  I just ate whatever I wanted not thinking about the consenquences.

My birthday was this past weekend.  My family got together and we had chinese food and cake to celebrate.  My Mom took a picture of me with my cake and posted it on Facebook. I love my Mom but she knows I hate getting my picture taken and I was not happy she posted it on Facebook.  I have purposely avoided pictures and especially avoided putting them up on Facebook.  People can see what I look like than and I am far from proud of how much weight I have gained.  A lot of the people I have on Facebook don't know what I look like and know that I am fat.  I was hoping to keep it that way.  Guess I can't hide from it forever though.

This weekend I watched an Ironman Triathlon documentry type show.  I can't remember what it was called but it didn't just follow the elite athletes but also the ones that just finished.  It was amazing to see the age and size ranges of the participants.  It made me think that if they could do it so could I.  I don't think I will ever do a Triathlon never mind an Ironman Triathlon because I am far from a strong swimmer but it got me thinking about running a half marathon again.

So between the horrid birthday picture and the inspirational Ironman Triathon show I have decided it is time to get my big butt in gear.  I need to lose this weight and I want to start training for a half marathon.  I would like to get my weight down to 130 pounds.  My dream half marathon run would be a Disney one but I don't see that in the cards at this time so I will look into a local half marathon for this summer.

My husband and kids got me a gift card for my Kobo so while I was still inspired by the show I got a couple of books about running.

My Mom has been talking about getting a membership at the local Y for a few weeks so I think at least for the winter months I will be getting a membership there with her.  I plan to run or do cross-training 5 days a week with 2 rest days.  I found a 20 week training schedule for a half-marathon in one of the books I got this weekend that will most like do my best to follow.  Athough I might hold off on starting it until I get back into the swing of running again.

I haven't weighed myself in about 3-4 months because I knew I would not like what I saw.  I decided to dig the scale out from under its hiding spot under the bed, brought it to its new home in the bathroom, took the plunge and weighed myself this morning. It was not a pretty sight and I have a lot of work to do.  The scaled showed me I weigh 192.8 pounds at the moment.  So if I want to reach my 130 goal I need to lose 62.8 pounds.  Yikes!

Usually I start my work day off by going to Tim Horton's and getting a Cafe Mocha and some sort of baked goodie or breakfast sandwich for breakfast.  This morning I decided that I am going to stick with water today and got myself a strawberry yogurt with berries at Tim Horton's instead.

So I am starting to crawl my way back onto the weight loss/running wagon again!

No comments:

Post a Comment