Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In and Resolution Run

I am home sick today with a cold.  Blah.  I hate being sick.  I did my 5k Resolution Run yesterday with my cold but more on that later.  On to the weekly weigh in.

Last Week: 183.4
This Week: 181.2

2.2 pound loss!

Pretty happy with this. I have been saying within my daily calories and have doing my runs.  It has been hard on some days with the new years and my oldest son's birthday but I have planned ahead for these and managed to stay on track.


My 5k Resolution Run was yesterday at 11am.  I contemplated not going as I have developed a cold but in the end decided I needed to do the run to start on the year on the right foot.  My goal was just to finish the run and not try to PR.  I also decided to try the run 10 min, walk 1 min strategy which seemed to work for most of the run.  I got a bit tired near the end and walked more than planned but again I had a cold so wasn't to broken up about it.  I completed the 5k in 42.47 according to my runkeep phone app (the race wasn't timed) which isn't great but close to 4 min faster than my last 5k on Dec 2nd and with a cold I'll take it.

Me running in the 28th Annual Brita Resolution Run


I signed up to do #13in2013 which is to do 13 races in 2013 they can be any distance (5k to marathon) and can be virtual races as well.  Most of my races will most likely be low to no cost virtual races as I need to save money for my Las Vegas trip for my 1/2 marathon in November.  1 race down 12 more to go. =)

I didn't get the cross training or strength training I has planned this week except for a bit of cross training on Saturday but I did get in all 3 runs I had planned.

For now I am going to concentrate on getting my runs in each week.  My workout plan for this coming week is as follows:

Wednesday - Rest day
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - Rest day
Saturday - 2 miles
Sunday - 4 miles
Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - 4 miles

How was your week?  Did you do a Resolution Run?

No comments:

Post a Comment