Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Well I definitely mean to post more often than I have. Will try to get caught up with this post so I am sure it will be a long post.

Thursday
We had an executive breakfast at work and even though my department wasn't a part of it we were able to taste what was offered. My plate consisted of 2 mini quiches, a ham and cheese sandwich on a mini croissant, and another pastry of some sort. Along with the breakfast there was a cupcake fundraiser for MS in the lobby of the building. ARGHHH! Today was not the day to be counting calories. I managed to resist the cupcakes until lunch and bought 6 to bring home for the family. They were very tempting sitting on my desk all afternoon but I managed to get them all home. Unfortunately I ended up eating 3 of them that evening. Needless to say I went over my calories for the day.

After eating supper I changed into my running gear and went out for a 2.4k run. I ran it in 20 min for a pace of 8:20/km, which is average for me on this route.

Friday
Friday was the last day for a lady in the office and she brought in donuts for everyone. When they were offered to me I politely declined but they kept pressuring me to take one. "Come on one donut won't hurt you" I was able to fend them off and they asked me to bring one back to my co-worker. I wasn't sure which she would want so I went back to ask her. She wanted anything chocolate so I went back to get her a donut. Big mistake! They insisted I take one for myself. "Take this one it doesn't look so bad"

Once I got back to my desk I looked up the donuts on my Timmy's app on my phone to see the nutritional information on the donuts. My co-worker got a double chocolate and I got a honey cruller. Which do you think had more calories and fat? Yup! The damn honey cruller!

Double Chocolate Donut
Calories: 250
Total Fat: 10g
Saturate Fat: 4.5g
Trans Fat: 0.1g
Cholesterol: 5mg
Sodium: 290mg
Carbohydrate: 36g
Dietary Fibre: 2g
Sugar: 16g
Protein: 4g

Honey Cruller Donut
Calories: 320
Total Fat: 19g
Saturate Fat: 9g
Trans Fat: 0.4g
Cholesterol: 50mg
Sodium: 220mg
Carbohydrate: 37g
Dietary Fibre: 0g
Sugar: 23g
Protein: 1g

I decided to eat the cruller but I spread it out over two breaks during the day. Not ideal but better than what I would have done in the past.

Saturday
Saturday was a beautiful day. My husband went out first thing in the morning and returned bottles. He goes once a month or so and this month got $50. Woohoo!

After he got back I went out for a 3k run. It took me 29 minutes for a 9:40/km pace, which again is average for me on this route. I really want to get a Garmin so I can get a more accurate idea on how I am doing.

Once I got back and had a shower we went out to do a bit of shopping. I needed new headphones for my iPod Nano. Ones that I didn't have to adjust constantly while running. I also wanted to look at a new printer. We have been without a printer since we moved because we somehow lost the power cord. It wasn't that great a printer anyway.

Off to Best Buy we went. I found a printer that I liked but we wanted to see what Future Shop had. Before leaving Best Buy I picked up some pink Skull Candy headphones and a yellow Angry Bird plush for my daughter.

We went over to Future Shop to see their selection of printers but there wasn't anything that caught our eye. We went back to Best Buy to pick up the one we liked there, a Brother 7065DN.

My daughter was so excited about the new printer. She couldn't wait to get to the Treehouse TV website and print off some stuff. LOL.

Sunday
I woke up on Sunday morning, looked outside, and WTF is this? Snow? Arghhh! Not a funny April Fools joke Mother Nature!

I didn't do much of anything today, just relaxed and watched some movies on TV. My husband and parents went to a couple of my nephews hockey games while I stayed home with my daughter. Had been planning on going for a walk but with the snow I decided to pass.

Sunday night my daughter didn't sleep well. For some reason she has been coughing at night the last little bit. She is fine during the day but at night she has coughing fits. She came into our bed in the middle of the night and started her coughing. We gave her some cough syrup and I decided to take her back to her room and lay down with her so at least my husband could get some sleep. We finally fell asleep and than she woke up again. "My cough is gone we can go back to your room" Sigh, fine off we went back to my room. She was pretty chatty when we got there but eventually calmed down. Of course she was up bright and early Monday morning in a great mood.

Monday to Wednesday (today)
This work week started off crazy. We had a bunch of new hires and we had a rush of people come get temporary badges and pictures taken for their permanent badges through out the day. Tuesday and today wasn't so bad we set out certain times the new hires could come to get badges and pictures and it seems to be working a lot better.

I haven't been doing great with my eating habits. I do pretty good during the day while I am at work but I break down in the evenings. This is definitely something I need to work on, snacking at night. I seem to eat when I am bored, while watching TV, or playing around on the computer. I am not actually hungry in the evenings just feel like I need to eat for some reason. I am also an emotional eater so when I am stressed or upset I eat. This came into play today when my husband found out on Monday that the office he works in is closing down so he will be out of a job at the end of the month. He has been talking with some contacts and he does have the month to find something so I guess it isn't so bad but I worry.

I had planned to go for a run yesterday but I just couldn't motivate myself to get out. I did drag my butt out the door for a run tonight after supper though and did 3.4k in 30 minutes for a 8:50/km pace. I am happy with that. I got to test out my new pink Skull Candy headphones and I love them! It is so nice to not have to adjust my headphones while I run, they stay in place.

We are suppose to get snow overnight and through tomorrow so no run tomorrow but I am hoping that we don't get much and it clears up by Friday. At the moment I am planning on a 2.4k run on Friday and a 3.2k run on Saturday.

Okay I think I am all caught up now, sorry for the extra long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment