Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I'm Going to Vegas Baby!


Well I took the plunge and registered for the Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas half marathon.  I can't believe I am going to train for and run a half marathon in 2013.  The race is a week after my 36th birthday, what better way to celebrate than go to Vegas and run a half marathon right?

I have never been to Vegas but have always wanted to go.  We are looking at staying at either the Luxor or the Excalibur as they look close to where the race will start and finish.  Now to decide do we want to stay in a pyramid or a castle.

I spent part of my day making training plans for January to November.  Yes I am a bit crazy and need to plan everything.  I am not going for a certain time I just plan to finish.  I am hoping to get down to 140 pounds or so before the race but I am just going to do my best and see what happens.

OMG I can't believe I really registered for this race!  I have a lot of work to do over the next 10-11 months. =)

What is your goal race for 2013?  Have you ever run the Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas race?

No comments:

Post a Comment