Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My 2013 Goals

With 2012 coming to an end, I have been thinking what I want to accomplish with my health and running in 2013.

1.  Run consistantly - I would like to run at least 3 days a week.

2.  Run a half marathon - My dream race this year would be the Disneyland Half Marathon but I don't think I can make that work without leaving the kids behind and that doesn't really seem fair.  My other goal race is a local one, the Canadian Derby Edmonton Marathon in August, I would do the half marathon.

3.  Cut down on junk food, eat healthier, and drink 2-3L of water a day - I have been doing well with cutting down on junk food and eating healthier I just need to keep it up.  The water part I am working on and am getting better at it. :)

4.  Run faster - I am a pretty slow runner (15 minute miles on the treadmill, is that even running rofl) at the moment and I would like to speed up even just a bit.  I will be working on getting faster throughout the year.  I would be ecstatic if I could be around 12 minute miles by the end of the year.

5.  Lose 1 pound a week on average - I will excercise 5-6 days a week and track my daily calories on myfitnesspal.com  If I can make this happen, I would be at or close to goal by the end of the year.  Woohoo!

6.  Start some strength training/weight training - I have wanted to do this for a while, my arms are as strong as a newborn baby's. LOL  I have also heard muscle burns fat faster, which is exactly what I am looking for.  I just need to stop being so self conscience at the gym and get er done!

Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment