With 2012 coming to an end, I have been thinking what I want to accomplish with my health and running in 2013.
1. Run consistantly - I would like to run at least 3 days a week.
2. Run a half marathon - My dream race this year would be the Disneyland Half Marathon but I don't think I can make that work without leaving the kids behind and that doesn't really seem fair. My other goal race is a local one, the Canadian Derby Edmonton Marathon in August, I would do the half marathon.
3. Cut down on junk food, eat healthier, and drink 2-3L of water a day - I have been doing well with cutting down on junk food and eating healthier I just need to keep it up. The water part I am working on and am getting better at it. :)
4. Run faster - I am a pretty slow runner (15 minute miles on the treadmill, is that even running rofl) at the moment and I would like to speed up even just a bit. I will be working on getting faster throughout the year. I would be ecstatic if I could be around 12 minute miles by the end of the year.
5. Lose 1 pound a week on average - I will excercise 5-6 days a week and track my daily calories on myfitnesspal.com If I can make this happen, I would be at or close to goal by the end of the year. Woohoo!
6. Start some strength training/weight training - I have wanted to do this for a while, my arms are as strong as a newborn baby's. LOL I have also heard muscle burns fat faster, which is exactly what I am looking for. I just need to stop being so self conscience at the gym and get er done!
Thanks for reading. :)